Thursday, November 23, 2017
Home » Entertainment » CHILD DIES TRYING TO SAVE ELECTROCUTED FATHER
CHILD DIES TRYING TO SAVE FATHER

CHILD DIES TRYING TO SAVE ELECTROCUTED FATHER

A 10-year-old boy has been killed in a freak double tragedy while running to help his father who’d been electrocuted while fixing their swimming pool .

Dad Andrew Fenwick, 66, had been using a metal wrench to fix the pump next to the pool at their home in Rayong, Thailand, according to local reports.

But engineer Andrew – who was Australian but was born in Devizes in Wiltshire and retired to Thailand after working in the UK – was electrocuted by a suspected water leak among the cables.

His son, Jason, is then believed to have been killed when he ran to help his father – after stepping in a puddle which conducted electricity which surged through his body.

Engineer Andrew was Australian but was born and worked in the UK before retiring to Thailand (Image: Viral Press)
Jason, 10, is thought to have stepped in a puddle while running to help his father (Image: Viral Press)

Andrew’s other son, four-year-old Justin, is reported to have witnessed the accident and ran crying into the street for help at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon (10.30am UK time).

Trending:   I Am Not In A Hurry To Walk Down The Aisle – Banky W Speaks On Marriage

He was found by local security guard Komin Jittiworaphan, 51, who called police.

Andrew’s Thai wife, Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, 41, was alerted by neighbours and she returned home – breaking down in tears at the poolside.

She told police that she was not in the house at the time of the accident but came home after neighbours found the bodies.

She said: “This is terrible. I’m heartbroken. My husband and son gone at the same time.

Andrew’s Thai wife, Somrudi, returned home to find her husband and son dead (Image: Viral Press)

“Andrew was so confident with tools, he was an engineer. I don’t know how this has happened.

“I cannot understand it. Life is so cruel to take them both.”

Rescue workers cut the power supply at the home before officers removed the bodies for post mortem examinations.

Pol Capt Kaweewuth Boonruang, deputy investigation inspector at Rayong Muang police station, said: “There were two deaths caused by electric shock.

Andrew, an experienced engineer, had been using a metal wrench to fix the pump next to the pool(Image: Viral Press)

“According to the investigation, the two dead were father and son of Australian citizenship.

Trending:   I make money to influence lives - Bola Ray

“The father was repairing the pump of the pool in the pump house next to the pool.

“The son saw the incident and ran to help not knowing there was a leak and he was electrocuted.

“He had burns from the fire on his hands, his body and his face.”

Source :

MIRROR.CO.UK

Comments

comments

About Nana Kwame Buabeng

Nana Kwame Buabeng – || Editor Xbitgh.Com || – || 2016 Best Blogger Nominee at Ghana Blogging and Social Media Awards|| – || A student of life || – || Social Media Enthusiast||

Check Also

I will grab the opportunity to become a house wife with all my might – Delay

Television personality, Delay has said although she is working hard to keep her companies going, …